Aponogeton Longiplumuloses is a large, strong plant that is only suitable for large aquariums. A bulb plant from Madagascar. In favorable conditions, it can form very large leaves. The oldest leaves are deep dark green, while younger leaves are light green and sometimes brownish until they are fully developed. In the wild Aponogeton Longiplumuloses is found in fast-flowing water, and it prefers some flow in the aquarium water. It needs a dormant period when the bulb does not produce leaves.
What We Like About This Plant:
- Very versatile regarding lighting
- Produces lovely white flowers
- Grows to impressive size
- Generally fast-growing and undemanding
- Provides shade to the pond or aquarium
- Temperature: 72° – 82° F (22° – 28° C)
- pH: 6.5 – 7.5
- Lighting: Low to High
- Origin: Indigenous to Madagascar
- Aquarium placement: Middle and Background, but bulb should not be fully buried in the substrate.
- Care: Easy